Saturday, June 28, 2014

Du Fond du Coeur

All good things come to an end, and yesterday was my last official day as a stagiaire at Ferme Bergeras. While at first I was disappointed that I couldn't find a cheesemaker to work with over these last nine months, I quickly realized how lucky I am that I connected with Florence and Frédéric. They are a delight to work with, and I've felt incredibly welcomed by the entire family, having been invited to Christmas celebrations and Easter feasts and Sunday teatimes, and Florence has taken the time to show me around southwest France and even indulged me with a trip to Spain. I will eventually write up an "official" blog post about the stage - another one on my cheesemaking stage last August is still in draft form, so no promises on when it will actually appear - but I just wanted to say how thankful I am that I had the chance to live and work with the Bergeras family, and I wish them all success in the years to come! Merci beaucoup pour tout, Florence et Frédéric et Jeanne et Eloi, et n'oubliez pas que si quelqu'un a besoin de vacances dans l'avenir, vous avez mon adresse e-mail ...

No comments:

Post a Comment