Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Flock Of Friends

One of the things that makes me happy these days is the fact that I am meeting new people and seeing new places. The exhausting suitcase-dragging hours-on-the-road(or -rail) aspect of travel is the only negative, but it's quickly forgotten with the first conversation or amazing landmark. Even non-amazing landmarks are neat, because they're so different from wherever it was I had been previously.

But even better is going back to visit people later, conversations continued through the space of months or years, catching up and reminiscing. My address book is filling up with names from France and England, and I hope that I can add more countries and contacts over the next several months. Au revoir, mes amis!

The lovely Mandy in Devon and the ever-inspiring Pascoe in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment