Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Plus ça change . . .

La boucle est bouclée, as they say in France; I've come full circle now. With only minor differences, I'm in the same place I was before I left - I'm still living in SE Portland, though now it's more east, and though I am again working for a law office that does mostly family law, it's not the same firm. I have far fewer possessions, but have gained more than three years worth of memories and adventures and photographs, which is a pretty major difference, come to think of it. But other than that? I feel as if I'm picking up right where I left off, and in a good way. Which means that in, oh, five years or so, I'll be heading overseas again on another open-ended journey (at least that's the currently nebulous thing I won't even call a plan yet). Until then I'll work, and enjoy spending time with my family and friends (call me! let's do lunch), and maybe even get back into blogging more than once a month. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment